The economist disappeared 2 months after his arrest!

Eyman Hadhud, the economic adviser of Mohammed Anwar al-Sadat, leader of the Social Democratic Party for Reform and Development, is said to have died under torture in one of the headquarters of the notorious National Security Agency.

Besides being an economic consultant, Eymen Hadhud has been engaged in studies on various types of research related to economics, business planning, policy making and financial evaluation. Hadhud also wrote press releases and official statements outlining Sadat’s position on economic issues, as well as economic reports to the party leader.

On the Facebook account of the Almawkef Almasri news site, “Obituary and questions.. Who kidnapped economic researcher Eymen Hadhud and disappeared? How did he die? He was forcibly disappeared for two months …” he wrote.

Although almost everyone in Egypt is familiar with the answer, many are still wondering: who kidnapped and lost economics researcher Eyman Hadhud? More importantly, how did he die?

Everyone knows that he was detained by one of the security services, specifically the National Security Agency (NSA) of the Department of the Interior, and held for about two months in one of their headquarters. He was sent to Abbasiya Psychiatric Hospital after being tortured by NSA agents, who did not inform his family.

Late on Saturday, April 9, 2022, the family of economics researcher Eymen Hadhud announced the death of Eymen, who had been a victim of enforced disappearance for more than two months.

Many people ask: Was torture a tradition in Egypt?

Poor Egyptian citizens and opponents of putschist power are often tortured in police stations, prisons and the headquarters of the National Security Agency. Hospitals are also places where people who have recently been subjected to enforced disappearance are last seen.

Article 54 of the Egyptian constitution clearly states: Anyone whose freedom is restricted must be immediately informed of the reasons for it, informed in writing of their rights, able to immediately contact their family and lawyer, and brought to justice. The investigating authority will only begin the investigation without a lawyer if he appears in the presence of his lawyer within twenty-four hours from the moment his freedom is restricted.

Again, many people wonder: where was Eymen during those two months? If he was arrested by the police, why was he arrested? How did he enter the hospital without officially informing his family? The people, who say their family has a right to at least know what happened to them and who caused it, are demanding that Eymen’s murderers be held accountable.

Many dissidents have made statements on their social media accounts and called for the process of Eymen’s disappearance to be investigated and the perpetrators prosecuted.

Many Egyptians said: “If what happened to Aymen had happened in another country where the law was minimal, it would have led to a change of regime and government and the prosecution of many people – but unfortunately we we are in Egypt where there is no right.” he reacted to the situation.

Public institutions resort to lies

Egypt’s Interior Ministry on Sunday denied reports of Ayman Hadhud’s enforced disappearance. He said Hadhud was arrested in Zamalek, Cairo, after he was caught by a doorman trying to break into an apartment and said he had “behaved irresponsibly”.

In the ministry’s statement, it was stated that the necessary legal procedure had been followed at that time, and then the prosecution had referred him to a psychiatric hospital for evaluation.

However, hospital records indicate that Hadhud was detained in the town of Senbellawein in Dekahliyah for attempting to steal a car.

Eymen Hadhud’s brother, Omar, pointed to two contradictory statements, saying the prosecution and other security authorities denied reports of Hadhud’s whereabouts until Saturday, despite his family’s request to deny him. see in recent weeks.

The family, who learned that he had been sent to Abbasiya psychiatric hospital by the national security institution about a week after he had been subjected to enforced disappearance and severe torture, tried to visit him. Hadhud to the hospital, but their request was denied by the hospital management. The family wanted information from the prosecutor’s office, but the prosecutor’s office said they had no information about Hadhud at the time.

In late March, the family contacted staff at Abbasiya Psychiatric Hospital, who reported Monday that Hadhoud died in March. Receiving a call from the Nasr City Police Station on Saturday saying they can pick up his body from the hospital, the grieving family is at a loss as to what to do in the lawless country.

Leave a Comment