SED assistance is provided to needy families by the Department of Family and Social Services to meet the needs of their children. HIA aid not only provides financial support, but also psychosocial support. Pre-applications can also be made via e-government. Here are the details on SED Support and the SED e-Government Support Request screen…
WHAT IS SED HELP?
SED assistance is the economic and psychosocial support provided to families by the Department of Family and Social Services until the children of needy and poor families can care for themselves.
In other words, HIA aid does not only mean economic but also psychosocial support for the children.
support for HIA; It is divided into two as temporary economic support and temporary economic support.
While temporary economic support is provided monthly for a certain period, temporary economic support is provided once or twice a year.
Food, children’s health, etc. EIS assistance provided to meet their minimum needs and not disrupt their primary, secondary and university education; It also provides psychosocial support and referral services.
In the psychosocial support and guidance service provided under the SED assistance, children are referred to İş-Kur or vocational training courses so that they can get a job and a profession.
However, to children; Psychosocial support is also provided on issues such as solving family problems and dealing with problems in a crisis.
As part of SED assistance, children may be advised to seek health, education and counseling services in accordance with Child Welfare Law No. 5395, if required.
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM SED HELP?
- Children who are in a precarious economic situation and will therefore become needy if they do not benefit from the aid of the SED, who have not benefited from a care measure and who can be cared for by their family or their relatives if their family receives assistance from the SED.
- Children who have been cared for in a social service institution before and who are cared for in these institutions, but who can be cared for by their families and relatives if they receive help from the SED.
- Young people who have reached the age limit, who have not been able to have a job and a profession after leaving the social service institution or the foster family, who will be in need even if they are not not supported by SED aid.
- Those who have been the subject of a care measure decision, but who have reached the age limit, and who continue their work and professional studies or studies after leaving the social service institution or the host family that takes care of them.
- Extraordinary disaster, disaster, accident, disease, etc. Children of people who cannot afford to take care of themselves and their families due to circumstances, or who have to undergo an operation due to a terminal illness or who have died
- Parents of children for whom a custody measure has been taken and parents of children who have not been subject to a custody measure can also apply for help from the SED for their children.
In all this context, HIA assistance; It is made for families who cannot meet the minimum needs of their children.
HOW TO APPLY FOR SED HELP?
To request assistance from the SIA, families can request assistance from the SED in person by going to the provincial directorates of the Ministry of Family and Social Services or to the directors of the Social Service Centers, or they can apply by petitioning management.
Parents can also apply for SED assistance through e-government. However, requests made via e-government are considered preliminary requests. Those whose pre-application has been accepted must then go to their application addresses with the necessary documents.
CLICK HERE TO REQUEST SED HELP VIA E-STATE
WHAT DOCUMENTS ARE NEEDED TO APPLY FOR SED HELP?
- Original and photocopy of the TR identity card
- Candidacy petition
- Child’s education certificate
- The original and the photocopy of the child’s TR identity card
- Documents regarding applications made to İş-Kur courses or child professionals
- Residence certificate
- income certificate
- poverty certificate
Documents required from father or mother when applying for SED assistance; It can vary according to the particular situation of the mother or the father.