CHP Chief Kılıçdaroğlu visited the family with 3 children, whose electricity was cut off for 4 months, and made statements. “Where is this social state, where is this power, where is this palace council? Calling, Kılıçdaroğlu said: “I want to raise the consciousness of society. The consciousness of society must have a voice. Society must give a voice to injustice. I see that the consciousness of those in power has atrophied in such a picture. They don’t see that picture.
CHP President Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu, who was without electricity for a week because his electricity was cut in his house and protesting against the sharp price increases, paid a solidarity visit to the house of the family whose electricity was cut off for 4 months in Karakaya district of Keçiören district, with his wife Selvi Kılıçdaroğlu. Kılıçdaroğlu made a statement to the press after visiting the Demir family with 3 children.
“TODAY APRIL 23, MY SON CRIED AT HOME”
* We visited a family whose electricity has been off for 4 months. He has 3 children. We talked a little inside. The word he said that touched me deeply and saddened me deeply; “Today is April 23, all his friends are going to school, having fun, singing songs, but my son was crying at home. Why don’t we have a TV, why don’t we have we no light? Dear friends, if this nation has a piece of conscience, it should know in what conditions live the 4 million subscribers whose electricity has been cut off.
“I WANT TO RAISE THE CONSCIOUSNESS OF SOCIETY”
* What we call consciousness is very important. I want to raise the consciousness of society. The conscience of society must have a voice. Society must give voice to injustice. Enough said. Neighborhood relations are very important to us. We say, “The neighborhood needs the neighbour’s ashes.” We say: “He who is silent in the face of injustice is a dumb devil”.
* I see that the conscience of the powerful has atrophied before such a picture. They do not see this image. They don’t even know such a painting. Those who live in palaces ignore the people who live in their humble homes and have their electricity cut off for months.
* When I talk about it, when I announce it to large masses, they say: ‘It’s not that many’. Does one person bother you? The policies they follow are policies to enrich a handful of people. They serve the gang of five. Not citizens. Can’t a whole state and immense power take care of family problems for a mother’s 3 children? There are thousands of families like that.
“WHAT IS THIS SOCIAL STATE? »
* Where is this social state, where is this power, where is this palace council? Kılıçdaroğlu asked: “Everyone is in a good mood, but the nation’s problems are different. They don’t understand that. They don’t know it. To sum up, I told our brother to be patient. I hope he will tell you how he rebelled against my saying “be patient”.
* I would like to say to my nation: We are going to change this order. I believe in the foresight of this nation, I trust. This nation has a conscience. This conscience does not accept it. He does not accept such dramatic paintings. I hope we will change all that together. We will bring peace to this country. No child will go to bed hungry. No child will be left in the dark.
MOTHER WITHOUT ELECTRICITY FOR 4 MONTHS: WE CAN’T BE PATIENT
Güllü Demir, mother of 3 children, visited Kılıçdaroğlu’s house and spoke as follows:
* They wish us patience. They say be patient, shut up. But we cannot be patient. My 3 children would not be patient. My child needs to drink milk. He must sit on electricity. There are many friends like me. I want to be the voice of everyone, not just for me. I want the government to reach out to us.
* If my state does everything to Syrians coming from outside, it should do it to my nation as well as to us. You can’t touch anything to the detriment of everything. If given from one place, it is taken from two places. All I want to say to the government is to reach out to our children. Let us take our children out of darkness and be a light for our children.
“YOU SPEAK ON BEHALF OF MILLIONS”
CHP leader Kılıçdaroğlu told the troubled mother: “You are speaking on behalf of millions of people whose electricity and natural gas are currently cut off. Millions of people are going through all the drama you are going through. We will fight together to improve this image,” he said.