CELAL UMUT EREN – SPECIAL NEWS
Fenerbahçe, which started going up with İsmail Kartal after Vitor Pereira, is now done for the new coach to be appointed for next season. The dark yellow-blue club president had a private meeting with the world-famous coach in Lisbon. Milliyet reached the details of this meeting.
GIANT MEETING IN LISBON
The yellow-dark blue people had one-on-one talks with Jorge Jesus in Lisbon, Portugal. President Ali Koç attended meetings with Jorge Jesus and Portuguese President Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa.
ALI KOÇ WANTS TO OFFICIALIZE IT IN MAY
According to information obtained by Milliyet, the parties managed to reach important milestones. It was pointed out that some details remained at the negotiation stage. At the beginning of these details, it was stated that the salary of Jorge Jesus and his technical team was discussed. We learned that President Ali Koç, who wanted to formalize the coaching issue in May, was satisfied with the talks he had with the Portuguese coach. It is specified that the meeting took place in an extremely warm atmosphere.
HE LIKED THE PROJECT, ANOTHER INTERVIEW WILL TAKE PLACE TODAY
It was noted that Jorge Jesus wants to continue his career in Europe and likes the project presented by Fenerbahçe. It was reported that the 67-year-old had offers from Saudi Arabia and Qatar but the Fenerbahce project was attractive to him. The parties will meet again today.
STARTED TEAM ANALYSIS AND RESEARCH
On the other hand, it was highlighted that Jorge Jesus got together with his technical team and started working. It was stated that since the negotiations with Fenerbahçe reached the final stage, Jesus and his team have been analyzing and researching the current situation of the yellow-dark blue team.
NEGOTIATIONS CONTINUE SINCE DECEMBER
President Ali Koç, who has been carrying out his coaching activities in detail since December, highlighted the names of Joachim Löw and Jorge Jesus. In recent days, the name of Jorge Jesus has taken a step forward.
After the meeting in Lisbon, it became clear that the Portuguese coach was the closest name to Fenerbahçe.
A VERY SPECIAL NAME FOR THE PRESIDENT
There was another surprise name for Fenerbahçe, who met Jorge Jesus in Lisbon. Portuguese President Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa also sided with the parties to the talks. President Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa’s close dialogue with Jorge Jesus is well known in Portugal.
In fact, in 2019, the ‘Order of Prince Henry’, which holds a very important place in the country’s history, was presented to the successful coach by the President of Portugal himself. Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa said that “Jorge Jesus is a name we are proud of, introducing Portugal to Europe and representing it abroad in the best possible way”.
Here are the criteria that distinguish Jorge Jesus among the teacher candidates:
– It is thought to be a turnkey teacher. They have titles at Benfica in Portugal and Flamengo in Brazil. He is a very experienced name in the league championship.
– Jorge Jesus has a strong technical team. With his team, he has always reached certain levels in the Champions League and the Europa League. If Fenerbahçe come second in the league this season, they have more than enough experience to lead the team into the Champions League groups.
– Jorge Jesus is really a leader and a strong character. A name that can dominate a long season marathon. He acts with logic and experiences rather than with emotions.
– Jorge Jesus wants to continue his career in Europe. He is looking forward to a good project with his team. The choice of Fenerbahçe and Istanbul stands out as a good chic for Jorge Jesus. He hasn’t even accepted expensive contracts from Saudi Arabia before.
– He knows Fenerbahçe well. He was very impressed with the atmosphere at Kadıköy, especially during the 2013 UEFA Europa League semi-final. He wants to work at a club where the fans come first.
Milliyet announced to its readers on its pages on April 24 and 25 that the yellow-dark blue team had turned to Jorge Jesus in his coaching job. Jesus was said to be close to Fenerbahce, with the headlines “Eyes in Kartal, Minds in Jesus” on the April 24 page and “Championship Habits” on the April 25 page.