By media close to the government, Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality (IMM)’social workerIt was announced that Şafak D., who allegedly works in a terrorist organization, was arrested because of his membership in the PKK terrorist organization.
It was alleged that photographs of Şafak D., taken in the countryside in 2016, with a long-barreled rifle in his hand, appeared in documents obtained from members of the terrorist organization in Şırnak in 2016.
ONGUN: IS THE GOAL TO PLAY IMM AND PRESIDENT?
IMM spokesperson Murat Ongun regarding the news served by the pro-media, “Please read the last part of this statement several times. What were the security forces waiting for from April 19 to April 27? Isn’t the goal to catch “terrorists” but to plot against IMM and its president?” used expressions.
Please read the last part of this statement several times. What were the security forces waiting for from April 19 to April 27? Isn’t the goal to catch “terrorists” but to plot against IMM and its president? pic.twitter.com/sR3SVAjCjR
— Murat Ongun (@Mrt_Ongun) April 27, 2022
EXPLANATION OF IMM: KAMPASVARI INITIATIVE
The Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality (IMM) announced that “SD He made a statement regarding the news regarding the detention of In the statement, it was stated that although Ş.D. worked for a limited time in a project supported by the European Union (EU), his criminal record was obtained and found to be clean when he started working.In the statement, it was also shared that the person in question worked as an intern at the Sakarya Children’s House Coordination Center, which is affiliated with the Ministry of Family and Social Policies, in 2015.
Statement on conspiratorial initiatives and practices against IMM and its president. pic.twitter.com/V3QB6MCuXU
— Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality (@istanbulbld) April 27, 2022
IBB’s statement is as follows:
“THE TERRORIST ORGANIZATION AND THE IMM HAVE BEEN WISHED TO CREATE”
- Today, in some news outlets, photographs of Ş.D, believed to be an IMM social services specialist, with a firearm believed to belong to 2016 in the camp of the terrorist organization, were published to establish a link between the IMM and the terrorist organization. . Unfortunately, for a long time this relationship has been attempted to be established with coercive allegations by some officials of our state’s security units.
“LIMITED TIME PROJECT-BASED WORK PERSON”
- Let us first specify that the subject of the news is the employee who works in project mode and on a fixed-term basis within the framework of international cooperation. The payment of the salary of the person concerned throughout the project is financed and carried out by the ILO (International Labor Organization) and the German National Cooperation (GIZ). The first project, which started on June 1, 2021 and ended on December 31, 2021, is “Supporting decent work for refugees and host communities”. The project which started on March 1, 2022 and will end on December 31, 2022 is the project “Development of digital capacity for economic enterprises and employment”.
“PROPER JUDICIAL RECORD”
- Moreover, although the person in question was employed in a fixed-term project, his criminal record was noted and his record was found to be clean.
“HE WORKED AS AN INTERNSHIP AT THE CENTER OF THE MINISTRY OF FAMILY AND SOCIAL POLICIES”
- Again, when looking at the CV of the person in question, it can be seen that he worked as an intern at the Sakarya Children’s Homes Coordinating Center affiliated with the Ministry of Family and Social Policy in 2015. Similarly, although that it is stated that the photograph which is the subject of the news was taken in 2016, it has been determined and confirmed that the person in question worked in a private retirement home in Istanbul between 2016 and 2018. Furthermore, the same person works at the Association of Refugees, which has been working on a voluntary basis with the Municipality of Sultanbeyli since 2021.
“WE ARE ALSO AWARE OF CONSTRUCTION INITIATIVES AGAINST IMM AND ITS PRESIDENT EKREM İMAMOĞLU”
- In a national problem such as terrorism, Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality has so far cooperated with all institutions of our state and will naturally continue to do so. However, we would like to point out that we are also aware of the conspiracy attempts against İBB and its chairman Ekrem İmamoğlu. Here we would like to inform the public of the following important information:
“INFORMATION THAT HE HAS ADMINISTRATIVE PERMISSION BECAUSE THE SURGERY WILL BE GIVEN TO THE SECURITY FORCES”
- The first search of the alleged member of a terrorist organization by the security forces was carried out on April 19, 2022 by presenting himself to our Department of Social Services. The security forces were informed that the person concerned was on administrative leave because he was going to undergo surgery. The alleged member of the terrorist organization was admitted to Haydarpaşa Numune Hospital under his own name on April 18, 2022 and was released on April 20, 2022. He rested in his own residence for 7 days.
“HE IS WAITING FOR HE TO ENTER THE IMM BUILDING”
- After 8 days, the security forces made no arrests either at the hospital or at his home, almost waiting for the person in question to enter the IMM building. We find it significant that the person who entered our social services building at 10:26 a.m. on April 27, 2022 (today) was taken into custody just 5 minutes later at 10:31 a.m., and we leave the matter to their discretion. public.