Shortly before the start of the next season at Fenerbahçe, the countdown began for the technical staff. Joachim Löw’s long absence of official moves in the yellow-dark blue team brought Jorge Jesus and Ali Koç closer together.
THE HISTORIC SUMMIT HAS BEEN ADVISED
The yellow-dark blue people had one-on-one talks with Jorge Jesus in Lisbon, Portugal. During the meetings in which President Ali Koç took part, Portuguese President Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa was also present with Jorge Jesus, and this news was on Turkey’s agenda.
FLAMENGO WAS SURPRISED
There was a surprise on the Fenerbahce front, after the Portuguese coach said he could work with Flamengo if he made an offer to Brazil. As the uncertainty about Jesus continued, another surprise came from Brazil.
The Portuguese coach also said in a statement he made recently that he could wait until May 20 and then had to make a decision about his career.
‘THE NEW DIRECTOR OF FENERBAHCE JORGE JESUS’
According to Central da Bola news from the Brazilian press, Jorge Jesus has become Fenerbahçe’s new coach. It has been claimed that the Yellow-Navy team have reached an agreement with Jorge Jesus and the Portuguese coach will lead the team.
World-renowned manager Jorge Jesus, 67, who last coached Portuguese side Benfica, left his post on December 28, 2021 and hasn’t coached the team since.
JORGE JESUS SALARY CHANGE
Apart from the news of the deal, the Portuguese coach’s remarks, who said he wanted to return to his former team Flamengo, but could wait until May 20, were interpreted as the financial offer from Fenerbahçe did not satisfy him.
ISMAIL EAGLE EDITION
The 68-year-old coach Jejus’ tally around May 20 was assessed as the coach was waiting for a definitive answer from the Portuguese coach until that date or else he might turn to other names.
It was also stated that the pressure of İsmal Kartal by the fans and the community played a role in Koç’s hasty action to put a positive end to the Jesus issue as soon as possible.
The criteria that distinguish Jorge Jesus among the coaching candidates at Fenerbahçe:
– It is thought to be a turnkey teacher. They have titles at Benfica in Portugal and Flamengo in Brazil. He is a very experienced name in the league championship.
– Jorge Jesus has a strong technical team. With his team, he has always reached certain levels in the Champions League and the Europa League. If Fenerbahçe come second in the league this season, they have more than enough experience to lead the team into the Champions League groups.
– Jorge Jesus is really a leader and a strong character. A name that can dominate a long season marathon. He acts with logic and experiences rather than with emotions.
– Jorge Jesus wants to continue his career in Europe. He is looking forward to a good project with his team. The choice of Fenerbahçe and Istanbul stands out as a good chic for Jorge Jesus. He hasn’t even accepted expensive contracts from Saudi Arabia before.
– He knows Fenerbahçe well. He was very impressed with the atmosphere at Kadıköy, especially during the 2013 UEFA Europa League semi-final. He wants to work at a club where the fans come first.
WHO IS JORGE JESUS?
Jorge Fernando Pinheiro Jesus was born on July 24, 1954 in Portugal. Jesus started his professional football career in 1973; He played for teams such as Sporting CP, Belenenses, Farense, Benfica Castelo Branco.
Jesus started his managerial career in 1989 with the Amora team. Jergus in his managerial career; He coached Vitória Guimarães, Braga, Benfica, Sporting CP, Flamengo. Jorge Jesus left Benfica on December 28, 2021.
Jorge Jesus has 3 Portuguese championships, 6 Portuguese league cups, a Brazilian championship and success in the Brazilian Super Cup.